Fulfilling God’s Dream: Relentless
- What tone does Luke take in the telling of this story?
- Who are all the characters in this story and what are their interests, motivations, hot buttons, and reactions?
- Where is Soloman’s colonnade and what can we deduce from the apostles teaching there?
- What are God’s priorities for the apostles versus the Sanhedrin?
- Where do the religious leaders draw their confidence/authority compared to the apostles?
- What’s the wisdom of Gamaliel?
- How do the apostles respond to the persecution that they are experiencing?
- What are we recognizing is at the core of a religious spirit? Is this something we struggle with as Christians?
- How does the apostle’s singular focus on “the message of life” help them navigate the religious spirit of their time?
- Do you feel like there are many competing religious voices, each with their own agenda surrounding you? How does God’s priorities help you stay focused on what’s most important?
- What represents the “temple court” that God has called you to bring the “message of life” to? Talk to God about how you feel about bearing witness there.
Share with each other about the temple court that God’s called you to. Pray for each other this week, that God would throw open the prison doors for you this week. Let’s check in next week to see what God does.